Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy Hawk Weekend Festival Week!

Happy Hawk Weekend Festival Week! You may have noticed that our "daily" blogs suddenly stopped, but no worries - we are all just extra busy this week. Here's a behind-the-scenes glimpse of what Hawk Weekend festival week is like for me: I know it's Hawk Weekend week when I have 3 computers in front of me that I'm working from. I know it's Hawk Weekend week when my phone is ringing off the hook. I know it's Hawk Weekend week when my inbox is flooded with emails about field trips, dinner counts, auction items, and registration. I know it's Hawk Weekend week when everyone in my house is asleep except for me. Most of all, I know it's Hawk Weekend week, when I have an overwhelming feeling of gratitude to all of the people that care about Hawk Ridge. Thank you for celebrating the amazing fall migration with us at our sacred space. We look forward to gathering together this weekend to share in the beauty and wonder of this journey of the birds. Think positive thoughts for good weather, winds, and birds!

Janelle Long
Hawk Ridge Executive Director

Hike the trails at Hawk Ridge Nature Reserve!
There are several other great viewpoints
for watching the migration.

No comments:

Post a Comment